Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
I have an original XP disk, i'd rather not havae to go through and slipstream the disk; i know apple says you need SP2, but is that just to help avoid minor problems, or do you REALLY need it?

AvA2345

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2006
help!

hello i installed xp on my mac and when i try to install the drivers, a message comes up saying "files needed" i press cancel and it sits there for a minute and then says fatal error, and then says the wizard stopped the installer so not all drivers were loaded. can someone please help me? email me at stephenthanshaw@mac.com

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
AvA2345 said:
hello i installed xp on my mac and when i try to install the drivers, a message comes up saying "files needed" i press cancel and it sits there for a minute and then says fatal error, and then says the wizard stopped the installer so not all drivers were loaded. can someone please help me? email me at stephenthanshaw@mac.com

I'm not sure of the problem but to the OP this is an example of what can happen if you use a SP1 disc. The drivers will not install.

AvA2345

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2006
tipdrill407 said:
I'm not sure of the problem but to the OP this is an example of what can happen if you use a SP1 disc. The drivers will not install.

dude i have no idea wat an SP1 disk is haha can you explain?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
It IS possible to use SP1 and install the drivers. I did it :p but it takes some hacking around in Windows and such. But basically, use an SP2 disk to keep yourself sane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.