Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadim 323ci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
I just got an iBook G4 and I'm coming from the PC world. This is my first mac. I've been trying to get used to the mouse movement, but it's still bugging me. Is there any way to make to mouse movement linear, ie cursor displacement dependant on actual mouse displacement and not on speed & displacement? I've set it at the maximum speed. It's a bit better but still not as freely-moving as in Windows XP.

Is there a nice little app that can arrange this? Or an hiden setting?

Thanks in advance!

Nadim.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
what do you mean? the default mouse behaviour of osx is the "linear" mode, and in windows the "acceleration" is - i think - set on by default. it has always bugged me in windows how erratic the mouse movement is, and that i don't have any control over the cursor until i set the acceleration off and mouse speed to almost minimum.

i prefer the way osx handles the mouse. especially with laptops (trackpads) where the difference is even more clearer - osx cursor follows the finger and windows cursor moves across the screen no matter how little you try to move it. (by default, i mean. everything can be tweaked but shouldn't have to.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.