Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsivannn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2018
Hey guys, so I just got a new MacBook Air M2 and a pretty solid sleeve for it to carry around. The thing is I'm a student, so I move my laptop quite a lot during the day, and since it's in the sleeve, sometimes I don't necessarily put it down on surfaces normally (I hope it makes sense lol)

Basically sometimes I put my Mac on the table like this (while it's inside the sleeve)
images.jpeg

Could this position actually damage the screen if no additional pressure is applied?

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
"Could this position actually damage the screen if no additional pressure is applied?"

I think no. If it lays on the lid with nothing but it's own weight pushing it down, I think it's fine.

itsivannn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2018
"Could this position actually damage the screen if no additional pressure is applied?"

I think no. If it lays on the lid with nothing but it's own weight pushing it down, I think it's fine.
Thank you, I really hope so.

No, it's usually just the computer inside the sleeve, I was just worried the bottom base may be a bit heavy so the screen could crack since it's so fragile according to some reviews... Do you think the lid won't bend/flex too because of this?

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Thank you, I really hope so.

No, it's usually just the computer inside the sleeve, I was just worried the bottom base may be a bit heavy so the screen could crack since it's so fragile according to some reviews... Do you think the lid won't bend/flex too because of this?
Yes, screen itself is fragile, but when you put it down like that, the weight is pretty much evenly distributed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.