Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chad-VI

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Those battery saving or process monitoring apps are sort of a scam. The battery saving app eats from your battery life as well. It's like anti-virus programs on a PC, totally unnecessary. I haven't used them in years and everything works perfectly fine and fast on my PC. Instead of these battery saving or 'doctor' apps, you should only install apps you really, REALLY need.

Other tips are:
- Go to Setting>General>Background app refresh>toggle them all off, or at least most of them
- Notifications>Toggle off the apps you don't want to be notified about
- Brightness not on Auto, keep it on the lower side when indoor
- Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Filter the things you don't need (like calendar which you don't need location for)
- When going outside, turn Wi-Fi off. It drains your battery because of the constant searching for Wi-Fi connection

Good luck!

This is the best advice you will ever get as far as conserving your battery life

don't forget that in iOS 9, you also have a feature in the Battery section of the Settings app which allows you to turn on low power mode (I think that is what it is called; my phone is in German). it restricts the capability of your device to save enough battery for when you really need it.
Thanks for the advice, and I know all these battery saving apps don't actually save battery because they don't have enough access to do so. I ONLY use them to clean up cache and junk data which works very well, and helps to manage my 16gb iphone.

Reactions: MRU

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Hold on!!!!!

Battery Doctor - Master of Maintenance and Battery Doctor - Must-Have-Battery-Managment-App are the actually same thing.

One is released by KS Mobile. The other by "Beijing Kingsoft Internet Security"......

They are however the same app --- The fact its made by Beijing Kingsoft, well there is your answer. IT IS THE ROUGE CHINESE PROCESS ITSELF .....

It's finding the process active, because it IS the process.

THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help it. This was an entertaining thread to read on a slow Sunday. Glad you guys were able to help the OP figure his problem out.

Reactions: DustinDev47 and MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.