Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
I have a 4th gen 20gb iPod. I have had to reset it quiet a bit since I got it (at least 3 a week). Yesterday the remote would not work for it and then it froze when I hooked it up to the computer. I tried to reset it, the apple logo appeared then it began resetting itself....and it has been doing this all night. I can't control it what so ever..... :confused:

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Wano said:
I have a 4th gen 20gb iPod. I have had to reset it quiet a bit since I got it (at least 3 a week). Yesterday the remote would not work for it and then it froze when I hooked it up to the computer. I tried to reset it, the apple logo appeared then it began resetting itself....and it has been doing this all night. I can't control it what so ever..... :confused:

I'd take it in to the Apple store. I've owned three different iPods and I've never had that many problems.

.narco

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
Before you send it back to Apple, try restoring the software. You can download the latest iPod software installer, and completely wipe and reinstall the iPod software. All your tracks will be gone if you do this, but as long as they're in your iTunes library the iPod will sync up the first time you connect. Just a thought.

Regards,
Marc

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
mslifkin said:
Before you send it back to Apple, try restoring the software. You can download the latest iPod software installer, and completely wipe and reinstall the iPod software. All your tracks will be gone if you do this, but as long as they're in your iTunes library the iPod will sync up the first time you connect. Just a thought.

Regards,
Marc

Yeah, I have had to do that before. However this time, it is stuck in the sense that it keeps trying to reset itself. I have no control over it and it will not connect to the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.