Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony_jardine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Manchester
will it be powerful enough for serious music production over the 15 inch? Hoping it lasts me 4/5 years, I'll be using logic protools etc

NoWayBehind

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2014
Rheinland Pfalz Germany
I was using an Asus with I7 5500u with 12 gab RAM and at the end of each project they stuttered so much because of so many VST plugins, effects, and tracks that they were unable of being worked on. I used FL Studio.

That being said, my projects have always been really complex when I have compared them to the average professional producer (average just refers to the complexity, not the quality), so I think the Base 15 should be enough, because it has more then DOUBLE the Multicore Speed and also a higher Single Core Speed compared to my previous laptop with i7 5500u. It was actually impressive what that one could already achieve.

I think you are totally fine

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2015
You can produce music on a macbook air so yeah it will, but is it the best option? no

imagine all the dongles, man

He is right. You don't want that macbook for music production, trust me. It's not "pro" anymore.
You can buy a model from 2012 to 2015 :). Even a 2011 model with SSD and more RAM can keep you 4-5 years from now!

Reactions: Ulenspiegel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.