Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
After a week apple distributors here in South Africa finally acknowledges the existence of the Mac mini and iPod shuffle.

The thing that I would like to know is how much more expensive is non-apple retail channels that the apple store in your areas? The cheapest store I can find over here is http://www.zastore.co.za, it has the Mac mini listed for R4579, converting that back to dollar the smallest Mac mini cost $750. I know there are cost involved in getting it here ect, but $250, how does that work???

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
In the UK the Apple Store is no cheaper than any other store (for Apple products). In fact all stores seem to charge within a couple of pounds of each other.

Apple products are more expensive in the UK than a direct $=>£ conversion from the US Apple Store would indicate. This is because of tax :(. Prices in the US are quoted without any sales tax (local or state). In the UK prices are quoted with all sales tax added (17.5% VAT). This accounts for a lot of the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.