Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
NH
I am seriously considering an eMac for my next computer (yes, i can get one :D) but the website puzzles me... It seems all the pictures are animations, and not real pictures. It's like every picture on the webpage is different. If you look, some of the pictures show the eMac with speaker guards, while others don't. Even the QuickTime VR thing seems to have such bad resolution, you can't see any details of the machine.

Furthermore, how am I going to be able to see one before I chose to buy it? I doubt they would put it in the Apple Store if it were only avalible to educators and college kids. I live near Dartmouth College and they have their own computer store. I wonder if they would have it in there...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i am also waiting to check out the emac and it looks like a great machine

i still prefer having an lcd since i got spoiled once i got a laptop

...before then, i thought the crt was just fine since it gave me that million dollar tan;)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
before then, i thought the crt was just fine since it gave me that million dollar tan

Heh heh... :p

I presume any discrepancies in the way the eMac looks could be down to the fact they maybe they used a couple of prototypes for the QTVR and images....

Who knows......... I'm sure it's real though.......;)

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
NH
haha, sorry if you guys thought I meant the eMac was fake all together. I was just questioning whether or not one of them has even been made yet! I mean look at how many of the pictures are not real. they don't even match! once again, some have speaker guards while others don't... Maybe the speaker guards are for the eMacs that are to be sold for schools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.