Is the ipad 1 still good?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XxpikachuxX, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

So now that the ipad 2 is out i guess everybody would want to sell their ipad 1 now and in the next 2 weeks ipads used are going to get really low. and i really always wanted an ipad so how much do you guys think i should pay for an first gen ipad? i seing at the apple store reburshed ipad at 350 :)
    i allready have an iphone 4 so the i dont really need the cameras :)
    thanks in advance

2. macrumors 68030

The ipad didn't get any worse because an update came out. Still does all the same stuff it did yesterday.

If it's within your price range, why not? We all start somewhere, you just start a bit back and when the 3 comes out, you can upgrade to 2 inexpensively.

I know a few millionaires that wouldn't do it any differently - it's a great mindset to adopt.

3. macrumors 6502a

The original iPad is still great, the new one has better processor and other stuff which many wouldn't use (like FaceTime). For $350 iPad is a GREAT deal:cool:

4. macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

funny thread title. I think the iPad will always be good. Think about it...it was what paved the way for all these other companies to duplicate.

I use my current iPad daily and i love it. The new one will bring features i want, like facetime. Also, as a dev it's nice to have the latest model products to test on. :)

You'll like ANY iPad you buy.

5. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The only downside is a new operating system could have features that the first iPad won't be able to do.

6. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This ^^^ iPad1 is still very nice

7. macrumors 6502a

I had a few and sold them :D Saw a deal for $300 - mint condition with a case today and I couldn't turn it down :) I think you can expect a $275-$300 as a fair value - Apple products don't really lose value except when Apple lowers it themselves :)

8. adztaylor, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

macrumors 68000

The new iPad looks great. However there isn't anything in there that makes me want to upgrade my first gen. More than happy to keep my current iPad for another year :)

So to answer your question yes the ipad is still good.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Great thanks for all of you help guys and not being mean or offensive :)
    at iphone hacks people tend to get very agressive :(
    so ill just wait untill ipad 2 comes out and try to grab one at 250 or 200 :) do you think ill be possible? since a reb-ipad with warrenty is 350 :confused: :apple:

10. macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

you'll be lucky to find a prestine iPad for 200 or 250. 300 and up is probably more reasonable. you may get one that's a bit rough on the edges for that price, however.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i know :/
    right now at craiglist i see ipad going for 470 or 400
    alot of people dont know about the ipad 2 :/
    once it comes out i guess its going down ;) (crosses fingers)

12. macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Yeah just wait it out. I currently see 5 @ <$300 in my area for the 16gb Wifi models on CL.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i should wait hope i can get one for 250 atleast
    whats CL? sorry if i sound stupid :(

14. macrumors 6502a

Kadin

hehe... no worries... CL = craigslist ;)

15. macrumors newbie

To compare, I bought the 1.gen. iPod Touch. It still works jst fine. Not as fast A's my iPhone 4, or my iPad for that matter, but it works. My kid('s) use it for watching movies and such things on our tele, and listen to Music in their room.
    What I'm saying is, My old IOS stuff are still being used slot, and no complains. So yes; the iPad 1 is an amazing thing, and Will do you just fine. That being said, it's always nice to get the "latest and greatest", but do we NEED it!?......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.