Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I don’t find one on display anywhere.

So I was wondering what kind of red it is.

On the box it always looks pinky-ish. Whether I see it in real or in YouTube.

But on YouTube, the device itself looks much darker, almost like some blood red.

Would you agree with this?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
(Product)Red is, well, red.
I would not describe it as pink, pink-like, or pink-ish.
'tis red...
Personally, I would call it a deep red, but not particularly dark.

Searching around, I don't see any indication that a (RED) product has to be a particular shade of red, although the color used seems to be a medium red (no pink, AFAIK). Just my opinion, blood red is pretty close to the right idea about the thought behind the (RED) program...

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
(Product)Red is, well, red.
I would not describe it as pink, pink-like, or pink-ish.
'tis red...
Personally, I would call it a deep red, but not particularly dark.

Searching around, I don't see any indication that a (RED) product has to be a particular shade of red, although the color used seems to be a medium red (no pink, AFAIK). Just my opinion, blood red is pretty close to the right idea about the thought behind the (RED) program...
It was Product Red which is a darker red, definitely not pink...

I know that it’s product Red, but every product Red Red ist different. The iPhone 14 for example has a much brighter red that doesn’t appeal to me.

Some of these reds have an orange touch. I thought the 13 mini might have a pink touch.

It definitely looks so on all iPhone 13 mini boxes I’ve seen, but when seeing the phone itself on YouTube, it always looks much darker than on the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.