Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I'm using another account cause the other one just keep saying wrong passaword. I'm Patricia you helped before.

Anyways, just let you guys know that my sister was in The USA and brought 2 iPhones 6 to Brazil. We put our SIMs from Brazil, turned on and they were READY TO GO! I'm happy as hell.

iPhones sold at the APPLE STORE without contract (T-Mobile ones) are UNLOCKED and can be used in another countries with no problem at all. Very, very happy.

Thx all.

----------

Sorry, just answer.
Got it yesterday. Very happy. =D
Here a SS from my iPhone with TIM (Brazil) network.

Show. Are you able to get TIM 4G?

rodgui

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I talked yesterday with a best buy attend and he told me they sell iPhone unlocked. Best buy on Conroy Ave at Orlando. Somebody could confirm?

Draqon2k2

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
My iphone is not unlocked...I tried using my wife ATT sim card and it doesn't work. What can I do?

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
My iphone is not unlocked...I tried using my wife ATT sim card and it doesn't work. What can I do?

Where did you buy it? If it wasn't purchased from an Apple Store at full price then it probably shouldn't be unlocked.

If you bought it from T-Mobile at full price then you can request they unlock it after 40 days of having service. If you bought it with a finance plan or contract then you can unlock it once you meet the terms of your agreement.

If you are unhappy you can return your phone.

----------

I talked yesterday with a best buy attend and he told me they sell iPhone unlocked. Best buy on Conroy Ave at Orlando. Somebody could confirm?

Why don't you buy one and then tell us? Ask them to put it in writing on the sales invoice that it is unlocked.

It could be possible if they are willing to sell you a Verizon phone at full price. It would be unlocked.

treehugginhippy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
I'm looking to get an "unlocked" or "contract free" 6+ to use on AT&T.. Anybody have advice on how to go about this? I see there is verizon 6+ in the color and size i want kind of near me, could i get it for store pickup? Would they let me pay full price for it or would i have to return it for a tmobile one?

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
I'm looking to get an "unlocked" or "contract free" 6+ to use on AT&T.. Anybody have advice on how to go about this? I see there is verizon 6+ in the color and size i want kind of near me, could i get it for store pickup? Would they let me pay full price for it or would i have to return it for a tmobile one?

You could read any of the many threads here on the subject.

Short version: go to an Apple Store and buy a VZ, ATT, or T-MOBILE version "device only."

Any of those will be unlocked if purchased "device only" and all will work equally well on ATT. Don't buy from any store other than Apple. Don't buy a Sprint one at all. Don't ask Apple if they will be unlocked....you will get lots of different answers, most likely they will tell you no. But it will be. Don't let them scare you....you have 14 days to return if it doesn't work (but it will work).

treehugginhippy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
632 posts later, each asking the same question and getting the same answer, it's time to close this thread. Bottom line, you want an unlocked phone, buy the "device only" at the apple store or apple online. NOT at a phone company store. (And never buy a sprint phone under any circumstances). Enough. Stop. Close thread. No more questions. Buh bye.

Well seeing as how i just called the apple store in bakersfield and they say they wont sell me a phone without activating it before i leave the store and that "unlocked phones havent been released yet" i dpnt think its settled

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Well seeing as how i just called the apple store in bakersfield and they say they wont sell me a phone without activating it before i leave the store and that "unlocked phones havent been released yet" i dpnt think its settled

That's interesting, but again I bet it's because you're asking about getting an unlocked phone and that seems to be one of Apple's answers meant to confuse you. Don't call the store, don't make your intentions known. Just go to the store and buy the phone device only. I haven't heard of any Apple Store refusing to sell phones device only....sounds like some BS you were told on the phone.

Tumeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
You could read any of the many threads here on the subject.

Short version: go to an Apple Store and buy a VZ, ATT, or T-MOBILE version "device only."

Any of those will be unlocked if purchased "device only" and all will work equally well on ATT. Don't buy from any store other than Apple. Don't buy a Sprint one at all. Don't ask Apple if they will be unlocked....you will get lots of different answers, most likely they will tell you no. But it will be. Don't let them scare you....you have 14 days to return if it doesn't work (but it will work).

Hi,
I just ordered full-price T-mobile in apple store website.
I put my friend's home address in the US as a shipping address. However, since I am not from the US, I use my international credit card (not US credit card). Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?
After I ordered it, I got an email from apple that my order is being processed.
And I checked my order status and it said : "Processing Items" and it said "Delivers : Oct 29-Nov 5". Does that mean that my transaction is succesfull? Thanks.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Hi,
I just ordered full-price T-mobile in apple store website.
I put my friend's home address in the US as a shipping address. However, since I am not from the US, I use my international credit card (not US credit card). Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?
After I ordered it, I got an email from apple that my order is being processed.
And I checked my order status and it said : "Processing Items" and it said "Delivers : Oct 29-Nov 5". Does that mean that my transaction is succesfull? Thanks.

Yes.

----------

You asked for advice, were given correct advice, then you don't want to listen. Go to an Apple retail store, ask for an AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon iPhone "Device Only." All iPhones sold device only are unlocked. Do not mention you are looking for unlocked. Just say device only.

There are thousands of post on this board confirming this so the issue IS settled.

Tumeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014

Sorry I don't really understand.
Which question does your "yes" refer to? Since I wrote 2 questions on my previous post.
"Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?" Or "Does that mean that my transaction is successful?"
Thanks..

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Sorry I don't really understand.
Which question does your "yes" refer to? Since I wrote 2 questions on my previous post.
"Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?" Or "Does that mean that my transaction is successful?"
Thanks..
Yes, it was successful. If they were not able to use the card it would have failed when you entered it and placed the order.

Tumeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I guess everybody was very helpfull here.

I'm still worried about the iPhone 6 (contract free) not working in my country, Brazil. My sister is in Kansas and bought two for us and she is coming back on Friday. Hopefully it will work with a carrier from Brazil.

Let you guys know.
Thanks all.

So how is the iphone 6? Does it work with carrier from Brazil?

----------

Hey everyone, :)

I live in Lebanon, and a friend of mine will be in San Fransisco on Friday, and he is staying there till 2 October, he will attempt to buy me an iPhone 6 from the Apple retail store there. I have some questions :eek: :

1- If anyone lives in San Fransisco, can you tell me please if the retail store still has a lot of people waiting in queues to buy the new iPhones, or it is now easy and simple to buy one from there?

2- I will get the T-Mobile phone, witch is, after reading the posts here, unlocked and ready to use on other carriers internationally. But I have seen people saying that they removed the T-Mobile sim card before turning on the phone. If I keep the T-Mobile sim card and turn on the phone just to test it for defects after buying, does this mean that it will become locked to T-Mobile, or I can remove the sim card later and use mine? I'm asking because my friend doesn't know a lot about iPhones so he won't know how to remove sim cards etc..

3- I found a contradicting post here
http://support.t-mobile.com/message/413575

Anyone can tell me if they had similar problems?

Thank you all so much for helping me ;)

I am wondering about your 2nd question. Did you try to keep the T-mobile sim card inside the phone when you turn it on for the first time? Did it become locked to T-Mobile or stay unlocked?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.