Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mingieseok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2023
Since usb-c external storage direct recording is available on iphone 15 pro models, I’m trying to search for magnetic case for the portable ssd external storage (such as samsung T7) that attaches to the back of iphone. So that I don’t have to see the external storage dangling on the iphone while shooting a video.
Is there anything like this out there? I can’t really find any :(

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
You could get a camera rig that would help stabilize your shots and add accessories like microphones, lights, and external storage.

It would not surprise me to see a MagSafe external SSD at some point.

mingieseok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2023
You could get a camera rig that would help stabilize your shots and add accessories like microphones, lights, and external storage.

It would not surprise me to see a MagSafe external SSD at some point.
I think camera rig is too big for non-professional like me. I was hoping there would be some magsafe external ssd out there, but I don’t see any yet. Hopefully something comes out soon 🥺

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
Since usb-c external storage direct recording is available on iphone 15 pro models, I’m trying to search for magnetic case for the portable ssd external storage (such as samsung T7) that attaches to the back of iphone. So that I don’t have to see the external storage dangling on the iphone while shooting a video.
Is there anything like this out there? I can’t really find any :(

You could try to jerry-rig something to make it work. The simplest thing would be to take a case and adhere a lightweight SSD to it. If you want to use said SSD on top of an existing case you are using, take apart something like a MagSafe wallet so you just have the bottom that sticks to the iPhone and adhere that to the SSD.

Reactions: fullauto

ade555

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2021
The likes of t7 SSD are large in foot print, you want to take a look at NVME 2230 drives and there enclosures, I found enclosure for that drive that just connect to usb c no cable dangling ect.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpeg
    IMG_3652.jpeg
    706 KB · Views: 142
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.