Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j.quintana

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I really wonder why those smart links start showing up everywhere in Whatsapp for 2 or 3 days now. I never had this issue and I use my iPhone 5s for a year now and updated to iOS 9 the day it was released.

I have just received a Whatsapp message from my girlfriend that included 7 smart links that allow me to create an event in less than one page of text.

I find this very annoying. For mail adresses and phone numbers this might be helpful, but I don't want the text to become harder to read because of half a dozen smart links on the screen.

And I really wonder why I haven't noticed this until a couple of days ago. Was there an update for Whatsapp?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There was an update to WhatsApp a few days ago (you can go to it in the App Store and see when the latest version was released).

Reactions: marvz

j.quintana

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I can not find any hint in the changelogs that one of the last Whatsapp updates introduced this frenzy of smart links.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I can not find any hint in the changelogs that one of the last Whatsapp updates introduced this frenzy of smart links.
Nothing about it mentioned. But an update was there which means something in relation to it could have changed (even if it wasn't mentioned for some reason).

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
It's clearly related to the latest WhatsApp update. Before the update these smart links weren't recognized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.