Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I bought my niece the Osmo System Genius Kit from Amazon.

For those who are not familiar with it, it comes with the Numbers, Word, and Tangram sets. The numbers set has number tiles, the word set has letter tiles, and the tangram set has colored shapes.

It also comes with a base where you stand the ipad and a little sensor that you slide over the top of the ipad.

The sensor recognizes the tiles and shapes, making the games/apps interactive. It's really cool and fun, but it's mainly for kids because it introduces them to grammar and math. For example, there's a game where there are fish in a pond and numbers appear inside bubbles underneath the fish. You have to pop the bubbles by using the tiles so that they add up to the numbers inside the bubbles. The objective is to get the fish (and ultimately a key) to the bottom of the screen to beat each level.

I'd love something like this for myself - i.e. something that is interactive as opposed to a typical game. It makes it so much more fun to play.

Is there anything like that for adults?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.