Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
from the youtube app, select share, then select message. once the message window pops up, just simply delete the text above the link that says "check this link out" and it will leave the link by itself.

OR

hit share from the youtube app, then hit "copy link" instead of message. then go into a message window and paste the link.

pretty simple/self explanatory.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I know that. Wanted to see if there was a tweak or if I was missing an option to remove it.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I know that. Wanted to see if there was a tweak or if I was missing an option to remove it.

well you didnt say that in the first place. you made it sound like you just wanted it removed, not that you were looking for a tweak.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
well you didnt say that in the first place. you made it sound like you just wanted it removed, not that you were looking for a tweak.

I didn't think i had to state the obvious. I didn't expect someone to tell me about backspacing to delete the text.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I didn't think i had to state the obvious. I didn't expect someone to tell me about backspacing to delete the text.

LOL well thats exactly what you asked for. i read your question literally as you asked it, and it was the proper solution. you should have mentioned you were looking for a tweak to permanently disable it or something in the original post to avoid someone telling you to do the most obvious fix. what do you do? share 1000 youtube posts a day? just simply delete the sentence or copy/paste the link by itself. no need to reinvent the wheel. it takes all but two seconds to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.