Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
I know these folks don't have 4G iPod cases yet but I was wondering who has experience with both or either case in the 3G or earlier models? Just want to order the best quality/value item when 4g cases finally start appearing.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
If I am remembering correctly, these two companies were at one point one in the same. Two guys- one the designer, the other the producer, eventually split when one guy figured out he could cut the other guy out. So I think their products are exactly the same. Anyhoo- back on topic, I have an iSkin for a G2 model, and I love it. It fits snugly and does all I want it to do.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
decksnap said:
If I am remembering correctly, these two companies were at one point one in the same. Two guys- one the designer, the other the producer, eventually split when one guy figured out he could cut the other guy out. So I think their products are exactly the same. Anyhoo- back on topic, I have an iSkin for a G2 model, and I love it. It fits snugly and does all I want it to do.

Interesting. That does sound familiar. iSkin definitely has a more user-friendly web page. But lajo products seem to be a little cheaper.

Does your iSkin cover the controls? I think that might be preferable on the 4G but I'm not sure. This is my first ever iPod.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
lajo was supposed to send me something, but i never recieved it, iskin did send me the right thing. nevertheless ive never been a fan of their cases, the first iskins that came out for the 3G models were terrible, i dont know how they are now.. no screen protector, and since their made out of rubber or w.e they are when you remove them from the case there is so much friction it scratched the casing of my ipod, oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.