Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
iSkin finally got around to releasing their first iPhone 6/Plus case today... and what a disappointing showing. After all this time just the Solo for $30. I'd been a fan of their cases in the past and was hoping they would release something really cool, but this is not what I was expecting at all. If you order from them directly, they include a year of VPN service through Surfboard for some reason.

ph02.png

Chrisxenofontos

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2011
Nicosia
iSkin Solo for iPhone 6 Announced

Surfguard is the service :) I have one for sale (black) if someone is interested (for EU customers)

Last edited:

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Still interested in getting a review on these and perhaps pics.

I've had iSkin cases on most of my phones and besides the obnoxious logo on this one, the case itself seems pretty good. Based on previous experience, I've had no complaints with any of their cases. Not sure on the price though, I'd buy a used one for sure.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
iSkin finally got around to releasing their first iPhone 6/Plus case today... and what a disappointing showing. After all this time just the Solo for $30. I'd been a fan of their cases in the past and was hoping they would release something really cool, but this is not what I was expecting at all. If you order from them directly, they include a year of VPN service through Surfboard for some reason.

I used to love iSkin products. They were the best (IMHO) case manufacturer up until the iPhone 5 came out. The REVO case for the 5 was garbage. They never even came out with an iPad Air case. Since Magpul started making cases I left this company behind and haven't looked back.

Thank being said, I don't hate this case shown above.

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
I don't know if anyone noticed, but they changed the case up a bit. The stupid oversized logo still ruins the case but the front edge/lip is the same colour as the case now. Before it was transparent, while the back was coloured. Has anyone seen a copy of this case (clone) that doesn't have that dumb logo and is overpriced?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.