Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuziwuzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Bris, Australia
after reading threads on wireless issues i couldn't seem t find an answer hence, starting a thread with my exact problems and my action of repair it.

for some reason i cannot connect to wireless using WPA2, and when setting a manual net work it seems that OS X refuses to remember the protection is "WPA2". i am kinda at my wits end as i just can't seem to make it connect regardless if i set it to WPA or WPA or change the passkey.

regardless of whether i use open (it still seems to require/want a wep password) or a hidden wpa2 network i cannot connect. i have also tried wpa, wep, hidden and unhidden.

this is an image of when i used assistant to connect to the hiden wireless network with wpa2
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4125/nowpa2rw5.png

you can see that it's not even giving me an option for wpa2. wtf!?!?

i have cleared all the plists related to networking, yet i still have the problem.

Chuckypool

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
I've had similar problems with losing my WEP or WPA connections.

I've found it helpful to delete all the stored passwords relating to my wireless network from Keychain and then re-enter them through Network Setup.

Hope that might help you.

Chris

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
The AP may not support WPA2, or there may be an incompatibility. If you can, check for firmware updates on the AP. I personally have an AP that doesn't work with WPA2 at all. It has to be set to WPA in order to work with my MBP in OS X, meanwhile, the Bootcamp drivers will work fine in WPA2.

kashik

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Been a while since the last post, has this problem been solved yet?

Why does it have to be so difficult to use my MBP with wireless security?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.