Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nabby51

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2010
Have 2 iPhone 7 Plus phones and they both have the following issues:
  1. Yellow pictures in florescent lighting.
  2. Physical screen clicking and phone flexing. Reminds me of my old iPhone 6 that bent and had to be replaced.
  3. Minor hiss from processor under heavy load.
If you're on the fence about it wait a bit for them to figure this crap out. If you have a 6S then don't bother. The only thing you are really getting is a camera update, and that camera update may be buggy or just bad. The 6s is plenty fast for everything in my opinion.

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
I have noticed a screen rattle when you tap anywhere on the top quarter of the screen (7+).
Same thing here, I think it's the camera and the optical image stabilisation, going to visit the Apple Store and see if any others have the same noise

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Seriously, why does this come up EVERY year.

i think because this years its more prominent the noise seems louder than the iphone 6s

I had no idea this was a previous issue. I haven't been following. Mine sounds the same as Jay's. Is this considered normal or do we need to swap the phone?

Also, this issue I noticed, I think it may have something to do with iOS 10. It can take 20 or more seconds for the gps (location services/privacy) to shut off. On my iPhone 5 it was under 5 seconds.

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
I had no idea this was a previous issue. I haven't been following. Mine sounds the same as Jay's. Is this considered normal or do we need to swap the phone?

Also, this issue I noticed, I think it may have something to do with iOS 10. It can take 20 or more seconds for the gps (location services/privacy) to shut off. On my iPhone 5 it was under 5 seconds.
im starting to think its normal, most people have said theirs is the same, maybe i just didn't notice it with my 6 plus im not sure, will check out some in the apple store and see whats what

Reactions: Neebee

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
That's for sure the OIS. The camera is floating around in there. The probably can't do anything about that.

The issue I described is clicking from the phone itself in the bottom right corner when squeezing it there. Like the screen is not fully attached.
Yeah I'm beginning to make peace with it ,, does your phone make the same noise ?,, I had a clicking problem with my 6 plus and they replaced the screen which fixed it but get a new phone if I was you

Nabby51

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2010
Yeah I'm beginning to make peace with it ,, does your phone make the same noise ?,, I had a clicking problem with my 6 plus and they replaced the screen which fixed it but get a new phone if I was you

They're business phones for testing and the Engineering/QA teams are on me about when they get their phones for testing. Otherwise I would gladly send them both back.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Have 2 iPhone 7 Plus phones and they both have the following issues:
  1. Yellow pictures in florescent lighting.
  2. Physical screen clicking and phone flexing. Reminds me of my old iPhone 6 that bent and had to be replaced.
  3. Minor hiss from processor under heavy load.
If you're on the fence about it wait a bit for them to figure this crap out. If you have a 6S then don't bother. The only thing you are really getting is a camera update, and that camera update may be buggy or just bad. The 6s is plenty fast for everything in my opinion.

My 7 Plus clicks when gripped reasonably firmly. Never had a phone that did that. Not sure what to do about it, if anything.

The yellow (not just warm) tints are pretty common every year, it seems. Remains to be seen if it's any worse this year than others.

And yes, the hiss on load is unfortunate, but absolutely sounds like professor coil whine to me.

SDM44

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Los Angeles
The only issue I have right now is the camera takes pictures in RAW format where the Color Representation is "Uncalibrated" instead of sRGB, like it always used to be on previous iPhones.

Therefore, I can't open any pictures taken on my iPhone in Photoshop, not unless I use another photo-editing program first and convert & export each picture into sRGB mode.

It's a real PITA when you have lots of pics that you want to use.

msavic

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
It seems that RAW pictures taken via the LightRoom app don't get saved to the camera roll and thus can't be accessed on the computer? Any workaround to this or do I have to use a different app to take RAW photos?

Also has anyone had their camera freeze upon start up on the blurry screen and not react for a minute or so until it finally gets to viewfinder?
fd6b075da11a736f5e5ff47bc85b41c8.jpg

Last edited:

anopy1

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
It seems that RAW pictures taken via the LightRoom app don't get saved to the camera roll and thus can't be accessed on the computer? Any workaround to this or do I have to use a different app to take RAW photos?

Also has anyone had their camera freeze upon start up on the blurry screen and not react for a minute or so until it finally gets to viewfinder?
fd6b075da11a736f5e5ff47bc85b41c8.jpg
Yes, I had that happen over the weekend.

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Wifi-assist is buggy.

At first, wifi-assist worked perfectly. If you left wifi on, it would connect to the wifi signal seamlessly even though you were not in Airplane mode.

Lately, however, it's not working as it should. It occasionally connects normally, but most times it does not. However, it works just fine if you are in Airplane mode and landline calls go through just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.