Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
But does it work like it did with the 5s? For me, I can hear the turn by turn directions when using the map app but only if my radio is tuned to the bluetooth setting. It does not speak over the radio if I'm listening to FM. My 5s would do that. It would even sound over my car speakers when the radio was off. I think the HFP setting was in the map app where you choose the voice settings (iphone or handsfree) but I can't find it on my 6. Does anyone have this problem, too?

MacinTosh.0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
6 plus works perfect in my

-Gallardo
-R8
-Tesla
-Veyron
-Acura Legend

And then I woke up to reality.

logeox

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
It seems most hands free vehicle systems don't work with iPhone 6

My 2012 Charger connects via Bluetooth. Seems to have no issues with phone calls but periodically pauses my music streaming and then won't play music at all. I've tried re pairing and nada. Iphone 6 8.0.0

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
No problems in a 2014 Subaru Outback and same year Forester (both Ltd).

ramsecon04

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Colorado
6 Plus (Pre and post iOS 8 updates) Works fine in my 2015 Subaru Legacy. Both for calling and music use. Call transferred seamlessly yesterday from phone to car as I started ignition.

Last edited:

U1cracka

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
For me, my F150 with ford sync doesn't work reliably with iPhone 6. I've reset all network connects, wiped ford sync, and can make it work but after a few hours it breaks again. The symptom is basically calls get dropped when the other party answers or if you answer an incoming call.

I think it has something to do with continuity...the multiple devices that show up under bluetooth based on your iCloud devices. When ford sync is the only paired device it works but as soon as my MBA or iPad pair up then ford sync breaks. This correlation is a little weak at the moment since I've only been trying to fix this for a couple of days now.

Search the internet shows this not to be just a ford problem. I'm curious what people here have found with hand free vehicle operation.

I had the same problem with my Alpine in my F-150 my iPhone 6 plus wouldn't work right but my wives iPhone 6 did.

Try this turn off your bluetooth on phone then delete the phone from you car bluetooth on your radio. then go to your phone and Reset all setting's (don't worry it won't delete all you stuff) then turn the blutooth back on if it not on again and then pair it with your handsfree it should work now.

after the reset you will have to redo your fingerprint info and wifi stuff

Skittlebug

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
2013 Hyundia Sonata Hybrid - 5S worked fine, 6+ is a nightmare (with regard to the BT hands free calling in my car) I can listen to music just fine but taking and making calls is impossible.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
2013 Hyundia Sonata Hybrid - 5S worked fine, 6+ is a nightmare (with regard to the BT hands free calling in my car) I can listen to music just fine but taking and making calls is impossible.

I have a 2014 Sonata Hybrid and I updated to 8.0.2 last night and my BT is totally messed up. If I make a call it initiates on the car bluetooth but after 7 seconds (every time 7 seconds) it kicks out the call to iPhone. The call is still active but it's on the phone.

I was thinking it was my iPhone because I just switched from a Space Grey I6 to a Gold I6... but I think it's 8.0.2 because 8.0 worked fine on my Space Grey.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Another Sync owner without issue, other than text messages show up only about 3% of the time but that's a non issue for me.

I don't have the big screen, just the radio that comes standard with the sync added in. Could be different for the ones with nav systems.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I have a 2014 Sonata Hybrid and I updated to 8.0.2 last night and my BT is totally messed up. If I make a call it initiates on the car bluetooth but after 7 seconds (every time 7 seconds) it kicks out the call to iPhone. The call is still active but it's on the phone.

I was thinking it was my iPhone because I just switched from a Space Grey I6 to a Gold I6... but I think it's 8.0.2 because 8.0 worked fine on my Space Grey.

Just found this and tried it... so far it works:
BELOW will work ....dont waste time doing anything else

1) Log out of icloud on the iphone – SETTINGS, ICLOUD, SIGN OUT (AT BOTTOM)
2) Delete car/headset from iphone – SETTINGS, BLUETOOTH, SELECT DEVICE, FORGET THIS DEVICE
3) Reset network connections – SETTINGS, GENERAL, RESET, RESET NETWORK SETTINGS
4) Delete iphone from car memory
5) Restart phone
6) Pair to car/headset as normal
7) Log back into icloud to use icloud features

nparmelee

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2008
2009 BMW335xi no problem, 2008 Lexus RX350 had an issue, had to remove existing ones and re-connect, but the car also had an odd thing where the description on its side was wonky and I had to correct that before the connection would work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.