Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wanisan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I spilled a slight amount of tea on my computer while it was running-and it turned off. At the time I didn't know exactly what I was to do, but turning it upside down to drain the tea was something I did. Power shut-off wasn't!
After it sat for a few days, it turned on, but froze after a couple minutes. I pulled the battery, and it re-started, only to freeze, but I got about double the time before it did so.
The 3rd time, it was fine for 12 hours, I backed up all the important stuff, and used it normally. I thought it made it. Then it froze, but it was late, so I just left it for the morning.
Over night it drained the battery, and when I plugged it in, it did nothing; no light for charging/power. The battery test button showed the battery drained.
My friend came over last night with his mac book, we swapped batteries, mine turned on after 2 attempts, and we re-charged my battery in his.
So here's where I am now: I have a charged battery, the power light comes on, the computer turns on, but the screen flashes for a moment, then is blank. The white little light comes on. There is noise that things are going on inside, but it never boots at all. I can pull the battery, and try it again, only for the same thing to happen.
My idea is to open the sucker up and clean it out. Any ideas or insight would be helpful! Thanks

wanisan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I would never drink my tea with sugar!
There was milk in it though, so it may be the lactic sugar....I'm going to start the opening process soon....

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
I would never drink my tea with sugar!
There was milk in it though, so it may be the lactic sugar....I'm going to start the opening process soon....

Good luck. Make sure you either take pictures or have pictures to make absolutely sure you put everything back the way it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.