Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Can you use the prepaid gift cards to buy audio books from the iTMS, or do you just get 15 song credits? All the free promo codes were for a single song that couldn't be combined to get an audiobook, which is what I use my iPod for 50% of the time... but I wonder if the gift cards can be used for audiobooks, since they seem to be sold in $ increments, not songs?

People always ask what I want for birthdays/christmas/etc. and a gift card I can use for an audiobook would be perfect! :)

jonat8

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2004
United Kingdom
If the cards are the iTunes Music Cards for $15, or $25 etc. then they post $15 or whatever of credit to your account, rather than the equivalent number of songs - allowing you to buy albums with one click or audiobooks.

Also gift certs and allowances purchased through iTunes or from the AppleStore post $ credit to your account and not equivalent number songs.

It's normally just the promotional codes that post x number of songs to your account. You buy them in bulk from Apple (well a company does) for promotional use only - you can't sell them to end users apparently - only give them away.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
jonat8 said:
If the cards are the iTunes Music Cards for $15, or $25 etc. then they post $15 or whatever of credit to your account, rather than the equivalent number of songs - allowing you to buy albums with one click or audiobooks.

Also gift certs and allowances purchased through iTunes or from the AppleStore post $ credit to your account and not equivalent number songs.

It's normally just the promotional codes that post x number of songs to your account. You buy them in bulk from Apple (well a company does) for promotional use only - you can't sell them to end users apparently - only give them away.

Cool, thanks! I know what to ask for for Christmas now... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.