1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iTMS search function broken?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by blasto333, Aug 7, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

The iTunes Music store search function has been broken for about a day (for me at least).

An example is, I would search for the song "there is" and the iTMS would respond by saying there are no results for the search "no", but I didn't search for no, I searched for "there is". There has been other words such as "butterfly" that is used when I make any search for any song. What is going on? Is anyone else noticing this?

2. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My search results that fail to find results seem to come out pretty much like yours, but I tried a number of search terms that did have results and they worked fine -- for instance "butterflies," as opposed to "butterfly." Dunno if it's a bug in the way it reports empty search results, or a failure to find what you're looking for. But I did notice I get no hits for either "there" or for "is" by themselves -- which doesn't seem credible. It could be that they are recused from search results because of commonality?

3. macrumors regular

That is very confusing to the user not telling them the correct term they searched in if the song does not exist (wouldn't you agree?)

4. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes... it didn't use to behave like this.