Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
i hope apple is thinking about giving us some great stuff for the rest of this year, as well as at mwsf

what do you think apple inc will give us before the end of the year?

my guess is superdrive in tibook, speed bumps, or lowered prices on some gear for the christmas season...i can't wait:)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
They had better.....

.....or else they risk going out of business.
The Tibook will either get an internal Superdrive (maybe even an external one, why doesn't Apple make external ones anywayz, I mean, they could make some money off of it and they could make it so where iDVD would only work wih theirs, but Apple's Apple), but I'm guessing internal now that Pioneer 'officially' has a slim DVD burner. I would suspect the revisions to come later this year, but I wouldn't be suprised if they came early next year.
I woudl like to see the base iBook reduced to $999 w/just a CD-ROM drive and a 5-600 Mhz G3 and 12" screen, with the others bumped up to 13" while still keeping a small footprint, maybe a speed bump too, but unlikely.
All the other models have gotton updated recently so they're the only two I see geting updated soon.
I would love to see new displays though. Maybe even with dual-input.:eek::p

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Re: They had better.....

Originally posted by edvniow

I woudl like to see the base iBook reduced to $999 w/just a CD-ROM drive and a 5-600 Mhz G3 and 12" screen,

exactly, i made a thread a few days ago to that effect, but nobody said a peep

the sub thousand dollar laptop is a very important milestone for apple if they reach it...a lot of consumers would probably flock to the ibook in larger numbers if this were the case

there is something about a price tag that says $999 that makes it so appealing

i remember when the first pc laptops went under a thousand and all the magazines made a big deal about it

hate to say it, i also remember when desktops went under two grand and that made a big splash in the pc community

by the time apple came out with their $999 crt imac, the pc world had been sub one thousand for so long that many probably did not notice...but i hope the sub one thousand dollar ibook will be noticed since it would appeal very strongly to school kids and school districts

years from now, or maybe not that long, we will be talking about a sub five hundred dollar mac desktop and then a sub five hundred dollar mac laptop (a loaded mac clone in the mid 90s was five grand)

the big reputable retail pc maker, hp-compaq has dipped below the sub five hundred dollar desktop sporting celerons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.