Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

City of Glass

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
Northern California
Hey,

I installed iTunes 4 and Quicktime 6.2 this morning. However, after installing the later, I was asked to re-start my computer. And now, when I do restart, my computer fails to "see" the 120GB LaCie "D2" external HD which is attached via FireWire.

Other than recently re-installing Jaguar, and both iTunes and Quicktime 6.2, I can't think of anything else that would cause this . . .

I slept my computer, turned off the drive, reconnected it, and turned the computer back on, but it gave me a strange error message, saying I needed to start Disk Utility.

I ran this application, and selected the volume. Then I clicked "Verify Disk." It came up with the message, after a very brief squirt of text, "Invalid key length" (highlighted in RED).

I then clicked "Repair Disk," and the same exact thing occured.

I've attached a picture, below.

HOW DO I REMEDY THIS? Apple Support was not so good, and LaCie support closes at 5PM (it's 7:54PM now). So I come here, to ask you fellas . . .

What's the problem? That hard drive contains "my life." All of my digital creations are stored on it. All of my creative/manipulative applications.

. . .

C.o.G.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
repair your permissions as well. maybe that will help.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.