Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdcacevedo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
To me this is a big deal, thus my first posting on this site. :) This problem has been bugging me for a while and I'm sure many others as well. It was difficult to manage 'TV Shows' as 'Movies', it just didn't work out right. :confused: Now I can import TV Shows I get elsewhere (not from music store) and manage them as TV Shows. :D As an added bonus, you can now convert videos in iPod compatible videos, no need to buy QT Pro or use 3rd party software.

PS. The mini store is just annoying should be off by default. :mad:

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
They really need to let you change already purchased videos' metadata. I have a White Stripes music video that's permanently stuck as a "movie," and me being OCD, it bothers the hell out of me. Anyone have any idea how to manually go in and force this change in the file?

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
jimthorn said:
What do you mean by this? Did I miss something?

Yeah, looks like they quietly slipped that update in. Not sure why they didn't advertise it more. I read about it at ilounge.com earlier today, but haven't had a chance to update at home yet...

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Oh, I see. I did miss that. From Apple's site:

With iTunes, you can create iPod-compatible versions of your home movies in MOV, MPEG and MP4 format. Just choose Convert Selection for iPod from the Advanced menu — no extra conversion software required. Then sync to iPod and go on your way.

Nice.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Counterfit said:
Hmm, I wonder if it will do batch processing too, like iSquint.

I Think you can, just select two files and right click - convert selection to iPod

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Glad you can now tag things as TV shows. There was a hack floating around to let you do that, but I'm glad Apple fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.