Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerryn

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
worth the update? why doe it seem like every new version gets horrendously bigger. isn't it a little bit unreasonable that iTunes now weighs in at 90MB?

Downloading for windoze mine comes in at 47MB. That's still a lot but nowhere near 90MB....

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
wish it was that easy. i've done if 4 times and nothing. i saw a post w/ a intel w/ the same problem... i'm running a g4.

I'm sorry to hear. I wish it was that easy too. It happened to me once before on my iMac G5. I have my content on an external HD. After updating iTunes, I could not open the app like you. I shut down my iMac, disconnected the HD and booted the mac up. iTunes was able to load but was unable to find my stuff so I closed the app, attached the HD and started iTunes again. It worked afterwards.

switched on

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
Do we have to wait until we plug an iPhone in to see if the Ringtones tab is back or can someone mess around with the package and see if its in there?

I got to be honest - those ringtones sound so lame. I have the Golden Girls theme song as mine right now which makes me ironic and funny whenever my phone goes off . With those stock iPhone rings I would sound simple and artsy.

That would be a FUNNY ringer... I work in a small group in the mobile industry, and we tend to try and grab unusual ringtones once in a while. I've lately been sporting the non-lyric themes to Three's Company, Different Strokes, Alf and currently have The Price is Right theme blasting in the office.

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
Now when sorting by Artist any artist name that begins with a numeric character is sorted to the bottom of the list after "z characters instead of previously being sorted to the top of the list.

Wow, *NSYNC moves to the bottom and a-ha moves to the top.

Er, I mean, in theory.

:D :D :D

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
Arrgghh!

Now, iTunes forgets which album you were listening to if you leave the album to browse other tunes. They had it fixed in the last version, but now it doesn't work again.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
is there anyway

to delete all songs that have the ! beside them all at once..i want them all gone..anyway how to do that? im on windows xp

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
iTunes Differences

Two major UI difference

+ Sidebar Highlight colour
+ Bottom buttons are now lighter

Attached a screenshot...

Attachments

• newitunes.jpg
    newitunes.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 514

garethh

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2006
UK
I don't think this has been mentioned, but the highlight colour at the side is either blue or graphite depending on system preferences. (I also recently noticed that Word changes the colour behind documents too, but that's a different story.)

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Ringtones

It looks like Ringtones have to be in a special format, probably only sold via iTunes Music Store. Hopefully they are just tags like TV Show tags which people will be able to write to an AAC or MP3 file.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
for all of you nothing being able to launch due to it bounces a few times and then just going away, if you are running ShapeShifter, you need to add itunes to the exclude list. that will fix if IF your running shapeshifter.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
for all of you nothing being able to launch due to it bounces a few times and then just going away, if you are running ShapeShifter, you need to add itunes to the exclude list. that will fix if IF your running shapeshifter.

Thanks. The fix worked. Itunes 7.3 launched after adding it the exclude list.

200paul

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2004
San Francisco, CA
That would be a FUNNY ringer... I work in a small group in the mobile industry, and we tend to try and grab unusual ringtones once in a while. I've lately been sporting the non-lyric themes to Three's Company, Different Strokes, Alf and currently have The Price is Right theme blasting in the office.

You don't know what fun is until you're on a crowded bus with your iPod headphones on and "Thank you for being my friend..." goes off in your pocket and everyone is making faces at you to turn it off.

My other greatest ringtone is the song "La Bimbo" used in the gay bar scenes in ever Police Academy movie. Gets great looks.

But seriously - iPhone needs custom ringtones. Its how you make your phone a part of you. Very very important feature.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
It looks like Ringtones have to be in a special format, probably only sold via iTunes Music Store. Hopefully they are just tags like TV Show tags which people will be able to write to an AAC or MP3 file.

Did the KROCK (or what ever that iTunes phone was named) do Apple ringtones?

The ones online are AAC Protected mp4 files (I bit the bullet - there all awful)

Attachments

• ringtone.jpg
    ringtone.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 83

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I know what you mean about custom ringtones. Thats the WORST feature of my samsung d900... you can't customise the received text ringtone and all the ones they have sound horrible.

miggyb

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2006
lol at the yodel ringtones.

by the way... has anyone see the fullscreen cover flow!? it's amazing. just thought i'd add that to the conversation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.