Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roobarb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Every time I put a new album on on my mac, itunes seems to arrange the CD alphabetically. This can be very annoying when listening to a mixed CD as you can imagine. When one track finishes the wrong one will come on next!!!! I have checked the settings but I don't know how to change it?! any help appreciated

:) :) :) :) :)

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
roobarb said:
Every time I put a new album on on my mac, itunes seems to arrange the CD alphabetically. This can be very annoying when listening to a mixed CD as you can imagine. When one track finishes the wrong one will come on next!!!! I have checked the settings but I don't know how to change it?! any help appreciated

:) :) :) :) :)
This alphabetizing is due to which column you have selected in the window to sort by. You currently have "Song Name" selected, and it is sorting your songs by their names. To change it, click on the "Album" column in the top of your window to sort by album name (or any other column for that matter).

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
There should be a tab highlighted then on the top... check the tab that should be at the top left... next to name in the library (they should be numbers).

click that and it should go back into album order

at least thats how I interpreted resolving your problem

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
pdpfilms said:
This alphabetizing is due to which column you have selected in the window to sort by. You currently have "Song Name" selected, and it is sorting your songs by their names. To change it, click on the "Album" column in the top of your window to sort by album name (or any other column for that matter).

dah you beat me to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.