Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
It's been a while since I bought any iTunes movies but since buying a 4th gen Apple TV i've been diving back in and am really impressed with iTunes Extras. Why does no one mention them ever?

lso I'm curious, do you also get extras when buying movies on google play or amazon? Or is it an Apple bonus?

Taking the star wars collection for example - they have everything the blu rays have as fair as I can see. Multiple audio commentaries, hours of extras. There is even Force Awakens extras already (trailers and comic-con reel) which I guess are the benefits of having them in the cloud and streamed!

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
It's been a while since I bought any iTunes movies but since buying a 4th gen Apple TV i've been diving back in and am really impressed with iTunes Extras. Why does no one mention them ever?

lso I'm curious, do you also get extras when buying movies on google play or amazon? Or is it an Apple bonus?

Taking the star wars collection for example - they have everything the blu rays have as fair as I can see. Multiple audio commentaries, hours of extras. There is even Force Awakens extras already (trailers and comic-con reel) which I guess are the benefits of having them in the cloud and streamed!
I don't know about Google, but I know some Amazon movies do. The problem with them is its just tacked on to the runtime of the movie. No nice menues to help navigate.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Ahh thats a plus for Apple then :) The menus are all a similar layout but allow you to select between them ect.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
From what I have seen, you can no longer download the extras to your iTunes library, you must stream them. Since I have a very slow internet connection, the new system isn't so "awesome"… o_O

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
From what I have seen, you can no longer download the extras to your iTunes library, you must stream them. Since I have a very slow internet connection, the new system isn't so "awesome"… o_O
I can see how that would suck. My internet connections is 850mbs. So that's not so much a problem for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.