Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taylorpc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Hey all, I'm sitting here on my lunch break looking up some stuff on the internet, and my itunes keeps opening up by itself. I'll then close the program, but a minute or two later it will open back up. It's driving me crazy! I haven't changed any settings on itunes recently. Any thoughts as to why it would do this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, is it Tiger and do you have the iTunes widget installed? It's been known to randomly open iTunes quite often.

Alternatively, are you continually plugging iPods into your computer? :p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I apologize in advance for ranting...nothing personal against the OP...I've just been pushed over the edge.

<rant>
This topic has become my personal pet peeve...I can't tell you how many times it's been asked on here. Every couple of days, somebody posts it. Here's a link to the most recent one I've noticed, in which I posted links to a few of the other times it's been posted.

DO A SEARCH!
DO A SEARCH!
DO A SEARCH!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/181602/
</rant>

Again, sorry for exploding...it's the cumulative effect of all of these threads.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
probably would have been easier to type

"close and remove all those itunes controller widgets - they're the culprit 99% of the time"

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
calebjohnston said:
probably would have been easier to type

"close and remove all those itunes controller widgets - they're the culprit 99% of the time"

Yes, but that wouldn't have let me let off any steam... :D

taylorpc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Just FYI.... I did try to search but Safari froze both times I tried, so I just posted a question.

But I can understand your rant :-D

Anyhoo... thanks for the replies everyone... I'll try not to waste your space next time! heheh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.