Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CDailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
This only started happening yesterday. Whenever I double click a song to start playing it, or just click the play button, iTunes will hang there for a few minutes. I'll get the spinning pinwheel while I wait. After a few minutes, it will start playing, and it won't do it the rest of the time iTunes is open. It doesn't matter if the song is on my MBP hard drive or if its on my external hard drive. It does it for both. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
A few minutes is a long time. Do you have any iTunes-related app, hacks or widgets? If you keep Activity Monitor open whilst this happens, try to see if you can find a process that is using up a lot of your CPU cycles or RAM. Make sure you're looking at All Processes and not just My Processes. :)

CDailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
The only plugins I have installed are Audioscrobbler and Eyephedrine visualizer. I'll try disabling those and see if it fixes the problem.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I notice that I get the pinwheel more often since I upgrade the firmware. Is there a way to restore to the firmware before the update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.