Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Major assistance needed. I have moved to live in Australia from Ireland. I wanted to change my account from an Irish one to an Australian one. When I am in account settings I have clicked on to change country, but when I do it tells me I can not change over until my Irish account is empty. I only have €0.07 euro cents left in it do I can not buy anything, I have no matching credit card in Ireland anymore. I don't mind if Apple just take or delete the little amount that it is. Maybe there is a charitable cause on iTunes I could donate it to. What do you guys recommend, heeeeelp!

gemmen23

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Philippines
Hi you need to email itunes support. Like in my case. I emaild them and then promise back to reply after 48hours. An then they did.

Heres their reply.

logo.gif

Thanks for choosing Apple.
Hi Glenn,

Greetings! My name is Adryan, an iTunes Store Customer Support Advisor. I acknowledge the importance of this matter and I’m very sorry that you are having difficulty changing countries in the iTunes Store. Don’t worry, I will definitely help you with your concern.

We removed your store credit so you should now be able to change the country linked to your iTunes account.

Before you change countries, please note:

1. The store credit from your original country won’t be available in your iTunes account in the new country.

2. Your iTunes purchases may not be available in the new country’s store. Before you change countries, download all of your purchases. For steps on how to do this, see one of these articles:

• Mac: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12283
• Windows: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12491

3. You’ll need a credit or debit card associated with a valid billing address for the new country. An iTunes Store Gift Card from the new country will also work as a payment method.

4. Items that you’ve already bought won’t show up under Purchased when you’ve changed countries. You’ll be able to download your purchased apps in the new country’s store as long as their store also has the apps available.

To change the country associated with your iTunes account
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using a computer:

1. From the iTunes Store menu, choose View Account.
2. Enter your Apple ID password.
3. In the Apple ID Summary section, click Change Country or Region.
4. Choose your new country from the menu, and click Change.
5. Click Continue.
6. Read the Terms and Conditions and the Apple Privacy Policy. If you agree, select "I have read and agree to these terms and conditions," and click Agree.
7. Enter the billing information for your new country, and click Continue.
8. Click Start Shopping.

Using an iOS device:

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Country/Region.
2. Follow the onscreen process to change your region, agree to the terms and conditions for the region if necessary, and then change your billing information.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to assist you with whatever you need.

Sincerely,

Adryan,
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

TM and copyright © 2015
All Rights Reserved / Privacy Policy / Support / Give us feedback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.