Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
A little late to this thread here... just got an AppleTV yesterday.
and finally used my digital Copy to transfer Star Trek (figured start with one shown in this thread)

Can i now "safely" delete teh copy from my Hard Drive and still have it available to download from teh Cloud? onto my computer and also stream to Apple TV?

I don't mind importing the DigitalCopy if I can delete them later to save space (sure I can buy another external hard drive and copy them there.

Thanks for the info.

JTStarkiller

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
Yes. I've redeemed about 40 movies or so from digital copy codes, and for all the ones that are available on the cloud, I've deleted from my hard drive. If you go into the purchases tab in the iTunes store, you can always redownload it.

That's only if they keep the film "in the cloud" from here on out. I've redeemed some movies that have since disappeared from iTunes altogether. I'm not sure how often that happens, but I guess just due to rights issues.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
I am not seeing Super 8 in my iCloud purchases. What did you do? I tried the code in my blu-ray case, but it said it has already been redeemed (which I did). Did you request a new code? Delete Super 8 and it allowed you to dl it again?

before you delete anything go to purchased on the home iTunes screen on the right side - first make sure super 8 is there then go ahead and delete, move to trash, empty trash, then re-download - HTH

edit: just realized that you did look for super 8 - did you ever figure out what happened?

also if you re-download the movies that have itunes extras that will show up now when you re-download them, the extras come with all downloads if available on that movie regardless of HD or SD

i think the cloud is working great!

----------

Yes. I've redeemed about 40 movies or so from digital copy codes, and for all the ones that are available on the cloud, I've deleted from my hard drive. If you go into the purchases tab in the iTunes store, you can always redownload it.

That's only if they keep the film "in the cloud" from here on out. I've redeemed some movies that have since disappeared from iTunes altogether. I'm not sure how often that happens, but I guess just due to rights issues.

what happens when they disappear from iTunes? are they still in your purchased list so you can re-download them at any time? i had puss in boots in my wish list and when i went to buy it, it was gone......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.