Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waxonwaxoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Hi not sure if this is the right place for this but iTunes has been consistently quitting on me every since Sierra and the latest iTunes version was released. (I seem to remember they were released close together).

• I have a 15" (high end) 2015 MBP
  • I have not upgraded to Sierra but have updated iTunes to the latest version
  • I have iTunes open and then I go to open another App (photoshop, Safari, etc, etc) and then iTunes dies on me.
  • It doesn't happen every time (i just tried to replicate so I could post the error message here) but often enough that its irritating
So I have some questions for the more knowledgable of you:
  • is this a known issue?
  • is it related to my not upgrading to Sierra?
  • Any tips on how to fix?
  • is there a way for me to downgrade to the previous version of iTunes?
Thanks in advance for any response

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I came here to see if this was happening to anyone else. It's happened 4 times today on my Late 2013 15". iTunes just quits unexpectedly.

I thought it may be due to graphics switching, but it just quit for no reason and then I tested it by trigging the dGPU and it didn't crash so I'm not sure what's causing it.

waxonwaxoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Hi Bruno09,

Sorry, I meant it crashed on me. I thought it might be due to the fact I hadn't upgraded to Sierra but Traverse raised a great point as my iTunes does crash when I open apps that might be switching to the dGpu..... still clueless but maybe not as lost as before thanks guys.

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Hi,

I also have a 15" (high end) 2015 MBP, running El Capitan.

It has graphics issues (AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 Mo GPU).

The logic board has been replaced in June : issues still here.

New logic board replacement coming next week.

Have a look in : Macintosh HD / Library / Logs / Diagnostics reports.

If you see that :

Capture d’écran 2016-10-27 à 21.52.03.png

You need to call Apple.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.