Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Google DNS, cache clearing, plist deleting, TunnelBear... none of that worked. I'm still getting the 5002 error.

EDIT: and what solved it...

Change your credit card. Even change it to something incorrect then change it back to the correct one.

The Solution.

Last edited:

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
Same here. :(

I am posting this just in case someone else cares to try it. I tried everything, opendns, google dns, etc.

I went into the app store on itunes, bought something for 99cents, it started downloading, and then I bought itunes match. Dont know if it was fluke or what, dont care.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Somebody should let customer support know that iTunes Match is live. I just got this e-mail reply:

Dear Pedro,

This is Deepak from iTunes Store Customer Support.

I'm sorry you ran into an error 5001 when you tried to purchase the iTunes Match in iTunes Store. I'm happy to provide you all the relevant information regarding this.

Pedro, currently iTunes Match is only available in USA and Brazil. Other countries and yet to have the iTunes Match feature. I would suggest you to wait till this amazing feature is released in your country.

I also encourage you to use the iTunes Feedback page to submit your comments:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Apple appreciates your patience and understanding.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Deepak
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Well buying something from iTunes seems to have triggered it to work. Bloody scam.

(UK User)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-12-16 at 1.08.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-12-16 at 1.08.39 AM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 96

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
In the GTA of Ontario, Canada, and getting many 5002 iTunes errors when attempting to subscribe to iTunes Match. Relaunched iTunes, signed in and signed back in, still not doing it. Anyone?

I got this error before realizing that my credit card info on the account was out of date. Long shot... but you never know.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
I got this error before realizing that my credit card info on the account was out of date. Long shot... but you never know.

i did change my account info (Right info -> Wrong info -> Back to right info) and it didn't stop the 5002 error, however a cheap purchase from the app store, and then I was immediately able to purchase iTunes Match.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Yup I can confirm a purchase(not a free app) will allow people who are getting a 5002 error to succeed.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
I seem to be stuck on "Step 1"... gathering info. I only have about 3000 songs. It gets so far and just sits there. It's been sitting there for hours. I start and stop it and if quickly gets to that point and "freezes" again. Is it normal for the first step to take hours?

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
its great that everyone else gets the service. To bad im still stuck with 75,000 duplicated playlists on mine! But at least my apple script will be slowly taking care of that. only about 88 more days left to go.

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Only 2000 of 3000 songs matched here in the UK. Some of them are perfect rips, like American Idiot and (gulp) Avril Lavigne. They also match the iTunes Store ID3 tags and song lengths perfectly. I'm wondering if some labels haven't yet signed up in the UK.

The SpinDoctor

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
only 2000 of 3000 songs matched here in the uk. Some of them are perfect rips, like american idiot and (gulp) avril lavigne. They also match the itunes store id3 tags and song lengths perfectly. I'm wondering if some labels haven't yet signed up in the uk.

+1

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Also noticed that it's matched some albums which aren't in the UK iTunes Store too. Interesting.

Most annoyingly, though... the 'iTunes Match' part of iTunes has now crashed on me twice while uploading songs. All iTunes Match and iCloud bits just disappear until I go back into the iTunes Store and 'Add this Computer' again - at which point the whole thing starts from scratch.

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Only 2000 of 3000 songs matched here in the UK. Some of them are perfect rips, like American Idiot and (gulp) Avril Lavigne. They also match the iTunes Store ID3 tags and song lengths perfectly. I'm wondering if some labels haven't yet signed up in the UK.

More on this...

I created a Smart Playlist to show only songs with an iCloud Status of 'Matched.' Both albums above showed up in the playlist, even though they're currently uploading.

It does look like iTunes matched them, but for some reason they're perhaps 'not allowed' to be made available for redownload at least in the UK.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
- About 3000 of my 6400 songs matched.

- the Music menu appeared instantly once the Match process was over

- iTunes Match appeared in my iPhone Music settings menu

Everything seems to be running smoothly, though loading time aren't what I'd like to see. Hopefully Apple works out the kinks and adds server support to make it seem that the files are all stored locally.

iCloud has shown its potential of displacing local storage. Everything is very intuitive and I have no problem paying $27 a year for this excellent service.

----------

I'm going to start deleting my low bit rate (matched) songs and re-downloading them. Has anybody done this? How?

I tried it on one song:

1 - Found a matched song
2 - Right clicked it to Show in the Finder
3 - I deleted that file.

I now see no options to redownload the file. I tried playing it and iTunes offered to let me locate it. I presume I have to delete the song itself in iTunes and it will show up somewhere as a song I can redownload?

My goal is to eventually delete my entire library (after backing it up on an external drive) and streaming all my music from the cloud. Is this possible? How?

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
<snip>

My goal is to eventually delete my entire library (after backing it up on an external drive) and streaming all my music from the cloud. Is this possible? How?

Delete it in iTunes. It will grey out, but be redownloadable. If you wanted it gone for good you would then need to delete the greyed out version too.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Delete it in iTunes. It will grey out, but be redownloadable. If you wanted it gone for good you would then need to delete the greyed out version too.

Thanks. That worked. I think that it also refilled my metadata for that file. I now have Composer information where I didn't before.

1goodidea

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
Match working well here in Australia. Seems pretty fast to run through the steps as well - 6,700 songs.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Around 50% of my music matched....so I'm still uploading. I should have checked all my damn tags and info; they all are albums that should have been matched. oh well live and learn. :eek:

Won't you be able to re-match? There must be a process to re-analyze your library. I've got about 50% of my library matched as well, but a lot of mainstream songs that are available on iTunes weren't matched for some reason.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
Won't you be able to re-match? There must be a process to re-analyze your library. I've got about 50% of my library matched as well, but a lot of mainstream songs that are available on iTunes weren't matched for some reason.

I'm not sure. I'm letting it do it's thing right now and see from there. Some albums seem to be popping up matched as it continues uploading, so I'm kinda just gonna leave it for the time being and find out what voodoo it is doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.