Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Interesting choice. I wonder what factors influenced the decision to allow Brazil access to the iTunes Match program over other countries.

It makes perfect sense. Latin America is the most underserved region for Apple, relative to its size and economic power. There are zero retail stores in the entire region. It's the greatest opportunity for Apple to expand, and Brazil has one of the world's biggest economies.

Additionally, Brazil is a musical superpower-- as an exporter of popular music, it may be second only to the USA.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
They probably just negotiated the terms for iTunes Match in with the usual licensing agreements with iTunes... hence why they are able to launch it there so quickly. Whereas established markets need some re-negotiation

tucotuti

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
Finally

For a brazilian, it's an honor to have iTunes Match before Canada and Europe.
But the most important thing is the movies and musics in the store :)

Lordssr

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can not wait until the service is available in Argentina! Thanks Apple for remembering us! :)

roebeet

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
licensing and the inability of the music industry to embrace innovation.

Also, if today's slowness is any indication, they also have issues with load. iTunes Match here in the States has slowed to a crawl today. :eek:

WestcoastAkita

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
out in the Cold Canada

Again we in the great White North are in the cold:( no "iTunes Match"
So who do we blame:confused: it's not Apple! they would love to provide iTunes Match, more money for them.
So is it the Government of Canada and all it infighting with the inability to organize a snowball fight on a cold January morning! :confused: or the recording industry!
My bet is on the "recording industry" They would like to grease their palms
with more of my already stretched Loonie! We're such lame ducks here in the north, frozen lame ducks!:mad:

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
So who do we blame:confused: it's not Apple! they would love to provide iTunes Match, more money for them.
So is it the Government of Canada and all it infighting with the inability to organize a snowball fight on a cold January morning! :confused: or the recording industry!
with more of my already stretched Loonie! We're such lame ducks here in the north, frozen lame ducks!:mad:

Come now, it's rather obvious who to blame.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I don't understand why it can't launch in every country at once. It is just software stuff...

Trust me, with all the bugs you don't want it yet. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed they're rolling it out to more users before they've fixed some of the bugs.

marc1

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png][/url]

As had been rumored for the Brazilian iTunes Store, prices are currently in U.S. dollars, requiring users to fund their accounts with international credit cards.

I am confused by this. The only way I found to setup a Brazilian iTunes account is to have a Brazilian credit card. In other words an iTunes account is "Brazilian" because of the billing address. Can anyone explain how to setup an account with an international credit card?

uru12

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
I'm from Uruguay and I feel really dissapointed we are the only South American country not to be included in the list of countries that get to have music and movies in the iTunes Store. I guess I'll have to wait..

BobbyRond

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
The Hague, The Netherlands

Don't forget the beady little eyes and flapping heads... :p

EDIT: I guess Gasu E. beat me to it... ^_^

Last edited:

PadreQuevedo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Seattle
I am confused by this. The only way I found to setup a Brazilian iTunes account is to have a Brazilian credit card. In other words an iTunes account is "Brazilian" because of the billing address. Can anyone explain how to setup an account with an international credit card?

I can't believe you don't know what international credit card means.

So let me explain: Some credit cards can't be used overseas. Only in Brazil.
Therefore, you need an "international" credit card.

I have an Itaucard Mastercard and it's international.

drowned

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
iTunes Match Brazil

The iTunes Match here in Brazil is functioning perfectly. Yesterday, I bought many items on the iTunes Store from a PC and when I got home, everything had been automatically downloaded to my iPad. Nothing to complain about.

They say Apple's next move down here is the launch of 2 Retail Stores in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. Brazil is the only country in South America that has the Online Store (it was launched in 2009).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.