Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
Hi there

Has anyone else been getting the 502 error message when trying to access the shopping cart in iTunes? The error appears everytime i click on the shopping cart and i haven't been able to access it for over a week now.

The message that appears is;

'We could not complete your music store request. An unkown error occured (502). There was an error in the music store. Please try again later.'

At first, it didn't really bother me but its been happening for so long ... its getting annoying :mad:

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
It's done it to me on occasion. Normally lasting an hour or so. Although last week it went like this nearly a full day .... then snapped back in as if nothing. Been alright since.

A full week??? Bummer.

Have you just tried Checking For Purchased Music in the Advanced menu ... seems to unclog the cajiggar for me.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
Yep, I've tried that. I've tried logging in and out, changing from 1 click download to shopping cart ... i managed to buy a song and download it but then when i went back to the shopping cart, same 502 error.

I thought it might be a problem with the firewall so i turned it on and off to see if it would work but still no joy.

:confused:

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Mine did that a lot yesterday evening. I just kept repeating the action over and over until it worked. It eventually went through after 3-4 tries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.