Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
I created a station based on a song I like. After about a day's worth of listening to it, that song has never played. Additionally, there seem to be about a half dozen songs that play over and over again, sometimes even repeating a song. If I start listening to it right now, there's one song that is almost always within the first few songs played. I'm not impressed.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
In the meantime Canadian's can try slacker radio app.. Tried it a few weeks ago and I love it !!! It's free with also paid subscription !!

give it a try

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Who cares, improve iTunes Radio first in the U.S. Apple is a American product.

----------

Same here it is funny because I play Dubstep station on iTunes Radio or Trance and I get Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and songs repeating but what does JT and Britney Spears have to do with Trance and Dubstep? LMAO Apple please no one likes that POP trash music.

That's an oxymoron. No one likes that POPular 'trash' music. If no one liked it it wouldn't be popular...

jdbr

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
Northern Ireland, UK
Who Cares? We do the Paying Customer!

What is it about some Americans, that they are SO rude about the rest of us, is it just arrogance?

We care about these things because we pay for Apple products (just like you) my AppleTv (although twice the price here) is nobbled in the UK,

It maybe an American company, but it trades internationally and it's products are mainly NOT manufactured in thy US, Also there are some very important Brits RUNNING Apple.

American isolationism is a problem. I hope you have, unlike the vast majority of Americans, a passport and realise that we all live on this little world together?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region

What is it about some Americans, that they are SO rude about the rest of us, is it just arrogance?

We care about these things because we pay for Apple products (just like you) my AppleTv (although twice the price here) is nobbled in the UK,

It maybe an American company, but it trades internationally and it's products are mainly NOT manufactured in thy US, Also there are some very important Brits RUNNING Apple.

American isolationism is a problem. I hope you have, unlike the vast majority of Americans, a passport and realise that we all live on this little world together?

You can't b;lame Apple. Apple is just going by the arcane copyright for music separation of music by country. Personally I always felt since NAFTA (USA, Canada & Mexico) and the European Union the copyrights should be Union whole.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
USAian... funny

We Canadians, and Mexicans, Guatemalans, Whateverans between the Pacific and the Atlantic are Americans too!

:D

In all seriousness, I'm glad it is coming soon here.

But only in the US do they call themselves "Americans"

----------

Have you tried changing the station's settings slider from Hits towards Variety or even further to Discovery? Helped a lot from what I experienced.

Where do you find these station slider settings? :confused:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
What does iTunes radio offer what Pandora, Spotify, Google play music, Deezer, Rdio (and a lot more) can't offer?

As a Spotify user I think iTunes Radio is very crippled and has nothing extra to offer. You can't even make your own playlist or choose your own songs, or am i missing something? I don't get the excitement for a product that is already available.

The only "plus" is the huge music collection of iTunes.

Pros
1) Huge music collection
2) The free iTunes radio doesn't have nearly the amount of ads that the other free services have.
3) The paid iTunes radio (iTunes match) is considerably cheaper then all the other paid services.

Possible Cons
1) It's not a Spotify service where you pick your songs. For myself and many others, this is not a negative since we prefer a Pandora type service.
2) Some people are complaining about the choices iTunes radio plays after you make a station.

----------

Where do you find these station slider settings? :confused:

iTunes on your computer when you set up a station.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
:D See how many people I just pissed off? :rolleyes:

Anyways, iTunes Radio does need some fixing and yes Pop music annoying.

----------

Calm down kid, your hipster glasses are fogging with your absurd superiority.

Also, good to see the dumb isolationist American stereotype on display. We don't see that often enough.

Sorry did I just piss of a Justin Bieber or One Direction fan? LOL@ Hipster how the ****** hell did you come to that conclusion?

V.K.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Entitled Americans are entitled.

Calm down kid, your hipster glasses are fogging with your absurd superiority.

Also, good to see the dumb isolationist American stereotype on display. We don't see that often enough.

ROFL. too true.
it's kind of too bad the most egregious posts by the americans in this thread (especially the very first one) were removed by the mods. they were quite funny. Those folks remind me of the girl in this video.

What about other countries ?
I think Apple would need to negotiate with music labels separately in each country. That might take quite a while I'm afraid.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
:D See how many people I just pissed off? :rolleyes:

Anyways, iTunes Radio does need some fixing and yes Pop music annoying.

----------

Sorry did I just piss of a Justin Bieber or One Direction fan? LOL@ Hipster how the ****** hell did you come to that conclusion?

I'm not sure how my musical preferences are relevant to my critique of your character, but whatever floats your boat. I'm not a Bieber or One Direction fan (more of a Ben Folds/Pink Floyd/Counting Crows sort of fan), but I'm not the one mocking other people for their musical tastes; that would be you. That's how I came to the conclusion that you're a hipster.

You didn't exactly hide it or cloak it in subtlety.

You'll do better if you spend your time being your own person and enjoying things because you actually enjoy them, rather than defining yourself by how you think other people perceive you.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I'm not sure how my musical preferences are relevant to my critique of your character, but whatever floats your boat. I'm not a Bieber or One Direction fan (more of a Ben Folds/Pink Floyd/Counting Crows sort of fan), but I'm not the one mocking other people for their musical tastes; that would be you. That's how I came to the conclusion that you're a hipster.

You didn't exactly hide it or cloak it in subtlety.

You'll do better if you spend your time being your own person and enjoying things because you actually enjoy them, rather than defining yourself by how you think other people perceive you.

I do not understand what you are trying to say but if I remember correctly you called me a Hipster and I am wondering how you could come to such a retarded conclusion.

----------

What a typical American thing to say...

:rolleyes::D

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Actually, iTunes Radio + iTunes Match are pretty much singlehandedly the two things that will keep me locked to an iPhone for eternity.

Same here! :)

And I got an american account for listening to iTunes radio. Its great! Just what I was hoping for - genius for streaming songs that I don't own.

And for people whinging about switching accounts, do you buy something every day? Not any trouble at all really.

It is constantly displaying error messages whenever an update shows up, which is basically every day with the amount of apps I have, saying the app can not be updated because of a wrong account. So I do have to switch almost every day.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I do not understand what you are trying to say but if I remember correctly you called me a Hipster and I am wondering how you could come to such a retarded conclusion.

----------

:rolleyes::D

You made the assertion that "no one likes pop" and that pop music was "trash", then also claimed that Apple should not bother with rolling out the service to other countries and instead should focus on the US only because it's an American company.

Like I said, it's not a difficult leap to make.

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
In the meantime Canadian's can try slacker radio app.. Tried it a few weeks ago and I love it !!! It's free with also paid subscription !!

give it a try

+1!

I've been using Slacker for probably close to a year now. Everyone only talks about Pandora, Spotify, Rdio, etc, but you hardly ever hear anyone talk about Slacker. It's love for Canada and price has me hooked!

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009

----------

Same here it is funny because I play Dubstep station on iTunes Radio or Trance and I get Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and songs repeating but what does JT and Britney Spears have to do with Trance and Dubstep? LMAO Apple please no one likes that POP trash music.

I haven't had any issues with ITR and giving me good music :)

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I have been using it in the UK since launch. However, I have two accounts one of which is in the US store.

For which you need a US debit card right? Or is there a way I can set a US account up here in the UK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.