Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
One difference in the short term is probably hardware support. My stereo in the truck supports Pandora. You can skip, see titles, and do a hands up/down on the radio controls. I suspect that it won't work the same with iRadio, though I haven't tried yet.

----------

One thing I'm wondering is the option to buy a song on the interface.

What if it plays a song that is already on your iTunes Match? You would think that it would, on occasion. What if you forgot you owned the song? Will the buy button tell you this? I don't want to experiment now and maybe spend $1.29 to find out it allows you to buy songs again.

rvancil

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Pandora is dead...The sound quality is better, it fires up far quicker than Pandora, and included with Match for $25/yr($2 per month) it is freakin awesome! Pandora ads were seriously killing me! As they add more and more artists it will continue to improve...Love it!

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Pandora is dead...The sound quality is better, it fires up far quicker than Pandora, and included with Match for $25/yr($2 per month) it is freakin awesome! Pandora ads were seriously killing me! As they add more and more artists it will continue to improve...Love it!

Do you get unlimited skips with iTunes Match?

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
One thing I'm wondering is the option to buy a song on the interface.

What if it plays a song that is already on your iTunes Match? You would think that it would, on occasion. What if you forgot you owned the song? Will the buy button tell you this? I don't want to experiment now and maybe spend $1.29 to find out it allows you to buy songs again.

When this happened to me, it just showed the download from cloud button, rather than a purchase button.

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
Weird. It plays the same songs over and over. I was listening to a station this morning and then closed out, an hour or two later, I reopen and listen and the same order of songs played again. I looked at my history and it's going in the same order as earlier. It won't allow me to skip on song 7.

Same here. I also have wifi issues at work, where I never have had before or with any other program I use throughout the day. It will just kick me out and say use cellular. I do like the interface, and I get a different selection than Pandora using the same artist channel. Both selections are good, just different. I am tempted to short Pandora stock as I think iRadio will hurt them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.