'iTunes Rewind' Highlights the Best of 2010

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 9, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earlier today, Apple released its "iTunes Rewind 2010" feature in the iTunes Store, offering a look at what the company has judged to be the best music, TV shows, apps, movies, audiobooks, and podcasts of 2010. An extension of Apple's weekly "Rewind" podcast, the feature offers best-of selections in numerous sub-categories within each type of media. Among the notable winners:

Apps
    - iPhone App of the Year: Hipstamatic
    - iPhone Game of the Year: Plants vs. Zombies
    - iPad App of the Year: Flipboard
    - iPad Game of the Year: Osmos for iPad

Music
    - Artist of the Year: Eminem
    - Album of the Year: "Brothers", The Black Keys
    - Best New Artist: B.o.B.

Article Link: 'iTunes Rewind' Highlights the Best of 2010

2. macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Never played PvZ. Doesn't look interesting. Cut The Rope and various other games seem like a better choice.

3. macrumors member

agreed, dont see what the big deal about PvZ is. i have it but i dont think its anything to write home about

4. Guest

Sky Blue

Surprised they picked a decent album.

5. macrumors G5

Consultant

oh oh, no angry birds on top?

Maybe some birds will get angry?

6. macrumors member

KaneBaker

PvZ is my favorite game on the platform by far. However it's not exclusive to the platform.

Carcassone is the second best thing.

7. macrumors regular

No use in removing my /care comment, just saying this "rumor" isn't needed on the front page

8. macrumors G5

Consultant

PvZ is really fun. Love it on iPad. Easier to play than on computers due to multitouch display.

9. macrumors 603

HLdan

I hope Angry Birds comes to the Mac on the Mac App Store. :)

10. macrumors member

The iPhone app of the year is the annoying one that takes the high quality photos and makes them look bad. Nice.

11. macrumors regular

The Rewind section of the iTunes Store in Mexico has something in german that I guess says the best music of 2010. lol how can they mess up that bad when in mexico spanish is spoken :confused:

12. macrumors 6502a

I've always wondered how AppShopper isn't a violation of the affiliate terms and conditions, which clearly states that a site cannot:

"Violate any intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, scraping text or images from Apple's Websites or the iTunes Store."

Is that not exactly what AppShopper does - descriptive copy word-for-word, screenshots, and icon?

13. macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Toy Story 3 for Best Picture! Do it!

14. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Every chick I know with an iPhone/iPod raves on about hot good Plants Vs Zombies is... Not the guys for some reason though lol.

15. macrumors member

Surely Angry Birds should be the Game of the Year. It's been number one for as long as I can remember and it's an international sensation. It's even spawned an Israeli comedy sketch. Sure, it was technically released in 2009, but if it wasn't even considered then why is it's icon in the iTunes Rewind banner?

It's alright Birds, you're still my number one.

16. macrumors 6502

Osmos...

Great choice with Osmos. It's made for touch, and looks & sounds beautiful. I hope the platform spawns more unclassifiable creative games like this one...

17. macrumors 6502

Yeah, I never understood why the most popular photography apps were the ones that took perfectly good photos and made them look like crap. Taking a crappy photo and desaturating it and slapping a Polaroid border around it doesn't make it art!

18. macrumors newbie

Rewind?

I wonder how many iTunes users even remember what "rewind" refers to. Most of them grew up well after the days of tape.

19. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We should "dial" their phone numbers and ask them!

20. macrumors 6502a

steve jobs must be a big glee fan

21. macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

What's a phone?

22. macrumors 603

kas23

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait, the same corporation that polices the App Store by not allowing adult-themed apps into it has announced Eminem is their Artist of the Year? Very ironic. This must be a bad dream. Quick, someone wake me up. I can't take it anymore.

23. lsvtecjohn3, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010

macrumors 6502a

I disagree with you
    [​IMG]

And Plants vs Zombies is a great game, so I'm not mad that it beat out some of the other top games

24. macrumors 601

vincenz

Why is this story getting so many negative reviews?

25. macrumors 68020

It may not be exclusive to iOS, but PvZ on the iPad is the best implementation of the game.