Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Hi all,

I have 2 machines....both Winxp. The machine sharing it's library is iTunes 9.x and the machine playing the shared library is iTunes 8.x. Everything works just fine.

I downloaded the Remote app for my new iPhone and it can control the machine that physically has the library just fine. If I attempt to control the machine (via Remote) that is streaming the library, I cannot. Well, all I can do is go forward and backward a song AFTER I physically use the keyboard to start playing something. I cannot choose other Playlists or Artists or anything like that...just forward and backward a single song.

It seems Remote only wants to control the Library that is physically on the machine that you connect to...not any "shared" libraries that your computer can use.

Any workarounds or confirmations about this? It would be sweet for me to use the Remote app on my netbook that simply streams music from the other computer in the house that has all the music.

:)

-Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.