itunes won't play anymore after reformatting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by madoka, Dec 14, 2005.

1. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

I figured it was time to reformat my PC and switch to a Raptor, so I saved all my documents. Inside that folder was all my itunes that I bought from the music store. After swapping in the new HD, I copied the My Documents folder to it. I downloaded itunes, which found all the songs I've purchased. Then it asked me to authorize this "new computer" which I did. Still none of the songs will play. Nor will any of the previews play at the music store. It just stays at 0:00. I've tried reinstalling without any success and I'm using the latest version of itunes and QT.

Any help?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you de-authorise your songs first? Would you have used up all of your authorised computers (five or whatever it is)?

Also, do normal system sounds play properly? More importantly, do QuickTime movies have sound?

3. madoka thread starter macrumors 6502

madoka

Thanks for the reply. I found out that the sound drivers weren't installed for my SB ZS2 so it refused to play.

Now I'm still a bit miffed that Apple considers switching HDs on a computer to count as a 2nd computer authorization. :(

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I wouldn't worry about it. If you use up all five accounts, then you get the option (only once a year) to reset your authorisation.