Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deral

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Kahuku, Hawai'i
Aloha,

So I went a bit overboard with the blogs on my iWeb--hundreds of them (i copy pasted my old blogs onto it). And then, it started taking around five minutes to open. The databaste file in App Support is 289 MB, and now when I open the App, it bounces a few times, the black triangle appears and then dissapears without telling me anything. Anywhone else have the same problem?

Mahalo,
Deral.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Control click the file and select "get info" Then under the Ownership and Permissions section, check to see that it is as follows:

You can: Read & Write

Owner: system
Access: Read & Write

Group: admin
Access: Read & Write

Others: Read only

Also, how much RAM do you have? I have no idea how iWeb works, but it seems conceivable that it is trying to cache the entire database in RAM, so if you only had 256mb of RAM that would be a problem.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, to check whether it's a database problem or an iWeb problem, drag the file named Domain (or the database file you mentioned) to the Desktop and try opening iWeb. :)

deral

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Kahuku, Hawai'i
Thanks y'all for your help. I got 1.5 g ram. and I tried the domain opening from the desktop. But all has failed. I tried opening iWeb from a new user i created, and that works, so I'm guessing it's the domain.

I'm giving up trying though. I got in catty trouble with a friend over something I posted before. :confused:

Mahalo,

Deral.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.