Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaseardoin7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
ok, so after a few months of owning my first mac, i am now a .mac member and i am working on a iWeb page. (web.mac.com/chaseardoin). i just have one question about iWeb. I have added a song to my page via the media button. and now the audio file comes onto the page (looking like a quicktime UI, with a 'add image' above it) i totally hid the entire sound file behind an image on my page and i want it to play automatically when someone loads my page, without hitting play. is this possible?

-chase :apple:

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
As a web user, I urge you not to have something automatically play when the page is loaded. I beg and plead that you reconsider.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I would discourage that as well. It could cause many problems for people visiting your page, especially if they are using dial-up.

I would also advise you to, at the very least, display the quicktime bar at the bottom of the page, so the viewer can start and stop the audio as they please.

...But to answer your question, I don't believe it's possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.