Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjtomlin

Jan 19, 2002
That will never happen. Apple wants to lock you into their hard- AND software. Google's approach, on the other hand, makes you independent from hard- and software - you just need some computing device with some web browser to use their stuff, and they don't try to sell you either.

And I won't be pushing any of those arrow buttons because I honestly don't care for those voting toys.

It's funny how people see things from different perspectives...

I don't feel Apple has locked me into anything as I'm perfectly free to move to another platform if I so choose. Apple creates a seamless experience across all of it's devices I CHOOSE to use.

And of course Google's approach is going to be different; their platform is the web. Google sells user information for advertising purposes, the more services they can get you to use, the more data they can collect, the more their advertising service is worth, the more money they make, the more free services they provide users, and back around again.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
Currently in my office we use pages documents kept on a single file on one of the networked computers. If two of us end up working on the same document at the same time, whoever saves last "wins". The other person's changes are lost. Not an ideal arrangement.

Under icloud and lion how will this work? As changes are saved instantly by lion's autosave, will you end up with some sort of hybrid jumble of changes in the document? Can't figure this out. Thanks

FNG

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Does anyone that's been working with iCloud beta know if the calendar app keeps ALL of your calendar history (unlike mobileme)...

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.