Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmy5

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
upstate NY
Just and FYI, I just finished installing Mavericks and booted into it; the App store is automatically downloading the updated versions for me. I had installed them via DVD years ago and they were only available for purchase in the MAS. So I'm a happy camper, everything looks great so far.

That's really wonderful! I didn't expect a free upgrade since I purchased iWork back in 2009. It's totally acceptable for me that Apple charges me again, like Microsoft doesn't offer free Office 2013 to Office 2010 owners. However, Apple does! The only thing I can say is thank you apple!

MLinneer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2013
Sherman, TX
Isn't the new Pages/Numbers/Keynote only for OS X Mavericks? Compatibility info box in the Mac App Store says 10.9 and later.

It would appear so... so my workhorse 2006 iMac running 10.7 is truly a dinosaur now and can only edit iWorks documents I create on my MBA (which is dl'ing the updates now) via iCloud. I'm bummed :(

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I bought a brand new MBA about a month ago. Mavericks and the iLife sweet show as free upgrades in the App Store, iWork doesn't.
What are the chances that I could still get iWork for free, seeing that I only just bought a new Mac ?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Blast...I only got my two Haswell iMacs last week, and I can't get iWork for free. Apple should at least make it free for users who purchased a new Mac since October 1.

EDIT: Never mind, I got 'em for free by creating a dummy account to claim them.

Last edited:

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
I bought a brand new MBA about a month ago. Mavericks and the iLife sweet show as free upgrades in the App Store, iWork doesn't.
What are the chances that I could still get iWork for free, seeing that I only just bought a new Mac ?

Depends on when you bought it. If it was from or after 1st october you get it for free.

Link

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.