Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoLRT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Toronto, Duh!
I can't seem to get Jailbreakme to work. It finishes downloading, but then Safari immediately crashes after finishing the download. I checked my settings, and I'm definitely running 3.2.1. Any advice?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Go to http://www.jailbreakme.com/_/ instead and click on the first file in the list directly. I had this same problem when this jailbreak was first released and did it this way and it worked. I think it's detecting which file you need incorrectly when using the slider. If this doesn't work try rebooting the iPad and try again. One of the two ways should get you going.

TorontoLRT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Toronto, Duh!
Still doesn't work, even after rebooting. I'd previously shown someone Jailbreakme by clicking and then cancelling halfway through the jailbreak, could that be why?

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Still doesn't work, even after rebooting. I'd previously shown someone Jailbreakme by clicking and then cancelling halfway through the jailbreak, could that be why?

Yea I would guess so. Oh man, too bad you can't do a restore cause 3.2.2 is out :-(

AppleCode

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
You gave to jailbreak it from the web. Apples update blocked the pdf exploit to get through. Its what makes jailbreakme work .The update was 3.2.2

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Well, I guess I won't jailbreak. Oh well, I only really wanted to do it to install some themes.

You could still try it. Search for the firmware file for 3.2.1 online and do a DFU restore and it should work. I did before and it worked like a charm.

duquesa

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
It should still work if you are on 3.2.1
I had the same problem on my phone,

Surf away from jailbreakme.com then close Safari and go into your setting, you will need to clear your history,cookies and cache restart your ipad and reopen safari and go to jailbreakme.com and try again, it worked for me :)

scubasteve03

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I am in the same position as the OP. I cannot update my 16gb wifi iPad. I goto jailbreakme.com and it won't event show a purple screen. It just gives me plain text saying "Not found (error to origin)"

I tried doing the PDF thing like one of the posters said. It just locked up my safari and I had to reboot. My iPad was jail broken with spirit previously, them I restored it to normal to get my battery life back. I went to go back. Let me know what I can be done to get my iPad rejailbroken.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
You know come to think of it I never got it to work in Safari either. I actually only ever use iCab Mobile and it worked when I used that. Safari really is crap on the iPad.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
I had this problem, except on the iPhone. I eventually did this:

1. backup
2. restore as new
3. jailbreak
4. restore from backup & sync

That worked fine for me.

scubasteve03

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I had this problem, except on the iPhone. I eventually did this:

1. backup
2. restore as new
3. jailbreak
4. restore from backup & sync

That worked fine for me.

That sounds like a great idea, but I am not sure that it's going to help anyone else out right now because don't you have to update to 3.2.2 when you restore? Or, can I find the 3.2 ISPW and option click on the update and put that on and just use Spirit?

fahdriyami

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
MuscleNerd reported on Twitter that there is currently a DNS issue...

"Please use http://www.jailbreakme.com instead of jailbreakme.com for the time being (temporary DNS issue)"

That was posted around 6 hours ago, they still might be having some problems...at least theyre working on it.

BTW, i just tried the jailbreak on my Wifi iPad on 3.2.1, and it works just fine :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.