Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vawolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Hi again,

Just upgraded to Panther, and attempts to installed Java 1.4.2 keep failing even though I installed 1.4.2. Any thoughts on this? THanks!

VAWOLF

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
vawolf said:
Hi again,

Just upgraded to Panther, and attempts to installed Java 1.4.2 keep failing even though I installed 1.4.2. Any thoughts on this? THanks!

VAWOLF
I have two suggestions:
1. Repair permissions using Disk Utility. This fixes all sorts of problems.
2. Install Mac OS X 10.3.4 first, if you haven't already (the update requires Mac OS X 10.3.3 or later). Then install the Java Update.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
vawolf said:
Hi again,

VAWOLF
If you installed it, then maybe you don't need to install it again.

vawolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Sorry, I meant to say that 1.4.2 won't install even though I installed 1.4.1 beforehand. Hope this helps,

vawolf

PS - if you have suggesitons about my Safari problem (I upgraded to Panther and now Safari crashes before even opening) I'd love to hear them!

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Same Problem...

I can't install 1.4.2. It says i need to install 1.4.1 (and I already have). Has anyone figured out a solution?

Burger

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.