Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arrakis73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Hallo,

I installed Tiger into my powerbook. It wasn't an update: I choose to format the HD before. Everything was OK.
I restored Eclipse and some other Java applications. I noticed these bugs(!?):
- pure AWT program GUIs are not well updated or, in some cases, dialogs have strange behaviour (like changing their z-order);
- java applications in general, and especially those accessing HD, are 2/3 times slower than 10.3.9.

I won't go back to 10.3.9 and maybe everything will be fixed with the next update, but am I the only one to get these troubles?

Is there a way to submit such problems to OS X developers/Apple ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Andrea Liana
--------
PowerBook 1.67 Ghz 1.5 GB Ram - Tiger
iMac Mini 1.42 Ghz 512MB - Panther

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Which JVM are you on? Have you installed the recently released 1.5 JVM?

You can report bugs at developer.apple.com. You need an ADC membership, but you can report bugs using the free/web membership.

arrakis73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
robbieduncan said:
Which JVM are you on? Have you installed the recently released 1.5 JVM?

You can report bugs at developer.apple.com. You need an ADC membership, but you can report bugs using the free/web membership.

I suppose that Tiger was shipped with jdk 1.5... I will check.
In any case classes were previuosly compiled with jdk 1.4.2, so THEY HAVE TO WORK.
I also have to keep jdk 1.4.2 since my customers are not all using windows and jdk 1.5 is not available everywhere (SCO, Aix).

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
arrakis73 said:
I suppose that Tiger was shipped with jdk 1.5... I will check.
In any case classes were previuosly compiled with jdk 1.4.2, so THEY HAVE TO WORK.
I also have to keep jdk 1.4.2 since my customers are not all using windows and jdk 1.5 is not available everywhere (SCO, Aix).

you have 1.4 installed, 1.5 is an extra download for those who want to use it.

get an ADC membership (free) then goto http://bugreport.apple.com to submit your bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.