JavaScript Slow Loading

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by SandboxGeneral, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I've been noticing pages taking a while to completely load (up to 2 minutes) on the iPad. I hooked it up to the iMac and enabled the developer menu so I could watch what's loading on it and found that the script macrumors.com-async.js seems to be the culprit.

I was also able to replicate this on Safari for OS X as well, but it's less noticeable on the desktop than the iPad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors P6

Intell

3. thread starter Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

4. macrumors P6

Intell

I've been having similar problems, but only on FireFox and Chrome. I'm hitting the New York datacentre.

5. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

6. thread starter Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Arn, following up on our IM from last week, later that day I visited some friends who live over an hour's drive from me and I brought the iPad with me (which is the device I was having this issue). I got on their Wi-Fi and had no troubles. Additionally, on AT&T 4G (at home) and AT&T LTE (near my friends place), again had no troubles.

I assumed after that, that it had to be my local network or my home ISP. I haven't done anything to my network in a very long time, or since last week.

As of yesterday, on my home Wi-Fi it's now working as it should. So whatever it was, seems to have fixed itself. Who knows?

7. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

thanks for the update. ya, seemed like a local dns issue. which are hard to diagnose

arn